Hestaland is now offering Winter Workshops for those who are serious about taking their riding to the next level.
Riders of all levels now have the rare, authentic learning opportunity to be a student trainer at our 37-horse training operation at Hestaland.
Student trainers will train independently but alongside and under the supervision of me and my sister Linda. We will be training at the same time and give you tips and feedback, as needed. At the same time, you'll have the space to figure some things out for yourself.
When you are not training, you'll have the chance to observe and experience our daily training work, watch everything that goes on and help out with whatever needs to be done
Student trainers will receive daily riding lessons, 2 project horses (including tack), lodging at Hestaland Guesthouse for 6 nights and daily lunch with the Hestaland staff.
• Group size: 2–4 students trainers max, per week
• Timing: Workshops will be set up in 5-day, Monday–Friday blocks and offered all winter long (you can do one more than one block at a time if you like)
• Breakfast and dinner: You're on your own, although you will have access to the guesthouse kitchen
• Transportation: Not provided, but we could easily pick you up from Borgarnes on Sunday.
• Sunday: Arrive at the farm, get settled in your room
• Monday: Report to the barn. You will be assigned at least 2 project horses to work with and receive a lesson on each one
• Tues–Fri: You will continue to work with your 2 horses (each horse 1–2 times a day) and receive 1 lesson daily (you'll choose which of your 2 project horses to take the lesson on).
• Friday: We will reevaluate your project horses together.
• Weekends: Off
- Pricing: $2,000 for a 5-day block*
*15% discount on a second consecutive week
January 29- February 2
February 26 - March 2